First off, a belated "Thank You" to everyone who made last week the success that it was. We finished ahead of three talented candidates for State Representative and now lead the field going into the July 31st runoff election.
I could not have done it without the help and support of people like you. It is encouraging to see so many fellow Democrats in District 137 respond to the message of doing the most we can do for public education; improving public safety; and growing the economy of Southwest Houston.
There is still a great deal of work to do in order to make July 31st a success for Southwest Houston. In short, I need your help all over again. I need to reconnect with the more than 1,000 voters who I met with before the Democratic Primary to ensure that they come back and vote in the runoff. I'm up to the challenge and I hope that you are, too.
If you are able to chip in as little as $3, $5, or $10, it would go a long way in a race as local as this one.
Having the resources to compete all over again is crucial to our success. If you aren't able to make a financial contribution, there are still a number of great ways to get involved:
- Make sure that yard sign is still in your front yard.
- Replace that yard sign if it is no longer there.
- Throw a house party in the district to introduce me to your friends and neighbors.
- Offer your name as a public supporter to help demonstrate the grassroots strength for my campaign within the district.
- Contact my campaign to volunteer. We offer a variety of opportunities to reach out to voters. Contact Beth Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org for any way that you can get involved.
Thank you again for your support and generosity throughout this entire campaign!
Candidate for State Representative
House District 137